About 2017 conference
- Announcement and Call for Papers
|The 13th Annual AsLEA Conference will be held on June 22 and 23, 2017, in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City. Those interested in presenting papers are invited to submit their drafts along with a short abstract by April 30, 2017.
We welcome submissions on topics in any areas of Law and Economics, although we encourage submissions dealing with questions that originate from Asia or are relevant to Asia today.
Submissions on traditional areas of Law and Economics as well as on new topics are welcome, and we will consider both theoretical and empirical research.
|We will consider any topics in or related to Law and Economics, including but not limited to the following:
Antitrust and Competition – Bankruptcy – Behavioral Law and Economics – Law and Economics of Big Data – Corporate Law and Corporate Governance – Contract Theory and Contract Law – Crimes and Criminal Law – Environmental Law and Economics – Family Law – Finance, Securities, and Capital Market Regulation – Health and Medical Law – Innovation – Intellectual Property – International Law and International Trade – Labor and Employment Law – Law and Development – Litigation, Dispute Resolution, and Legal Procedure – Mergers and Acquisitions – Political Economy and Public Choice – Privacy and Data Protection – Property Rights and Property Law – Public and Administrative Law – Regulation – Rule of Law and Legal Institutions – Social Welfare and Welfare Policy – Taxation – Tort Law
We also welcome topics related to other field of Economics, Finance and Law
- Keynote Speakers
|The following professors graciously agreed to deliver keynote speeches:
– Professor Francesco Parisi, Oppenheimer Wolff and Donnelly Professor of Law at the University of Minnesota, Law School and a Professor of Economics at the University of Bologna, Department of Economics.
– Professor Ramo Gencay, Professor of Economics, Simon Fraser University, Canada.
– Professor Alexander J.B. Zehnder, Scientific Director of the Alberta Water Research Institute in Edmonton, Canada, founder and director of triple Z Ltd, Visiting Professor at NTU, and Professor emeritus of ETH Zurich.
– Professor Parkash Chander, Professor of Economics and Executive Director of Center for Environmental Economics and Climate Change at Jindal School of Government and Public Policy, a Fellow of the Econometric Society, an Associate Editor of Journal of Public Economic Theory, a member of the Advisory Board of Journal of Economic Surveys, and a member of the International Advisory Board of Singapore Economic Review.
- Guideline for Contributors
|An abstract without a draft paper may be considered (although priority will be given to submissions with a draft paper).
Include on the first page of your submission the following information: paper title, authors’ names and affiliations, and contact information including e-mail address for the corresponding author.
If you are interested in publishing your conference paper in the Asian Journal of Law and Economics, please indicate your interest when you make your initial submission. The Asian Journal of Law and Economics is considering issuing a special issue from the conference proceedings and will welcome submissions.
Submitted abstracts and/or draft papers will be posted on the Conference website and will be circulated on site. If you do not wish your abstracts and/or papers to be posted or circulated, please indicate this when you make your initial submission.
Submissions should be sent, in PDF or MS Word format, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Administration and Logistics
|There are no submission fees or registration fees for the Conference.
There may be a modest amount of subsidies available to participants from developing countries. If you require subsidies, please make a request when submitting your initial abstract and/or paper.
Conference materials will be provided free of charge for the registered participants. Lunches will also be provided.
- Contact Information
|Inquiries regarding the Conference should be sent to the following e-mail addresses:
Paper submission and general inquiries about the Conference: Secretariat, email@example.com